Adult Family Care
Cape Abilities’ Adult Family Care (AFC) is a Mass Health funded program that provides 24-hour home care in a personalized setting for both elderly people and adults with or without a disability who cannot live alone. The program also supports people with developmental disabilities who have medical, physical or cognitive challenges that make it difficult to live alone.
AFC allows people who have chronic health needs to maintain their dignity and pursue satisfying life routines with help from a paid, trained, in-home family or non-family caregiver.
Adult Family Care Eligibility
• be 16 or older
• receive Mass Health insurance, either Standard or CommonHealth
• be unable to live alone
• require daily assistance in at least one of these areas: bathing, dressing, toileting, eating, transferring, mobility within or outside the home
Our Adult Family Care/Shared Living Program is currently seeking a caregiver to support and assist two young women in your home as they strive to increase their independent living skills. The program offers a generous stipend as well as supports from a case manager and registered nurse.
The women are friends and have lived together with a caregiver here on Cape Cod until the caregiver relocated out of state. Both women work and attend day programs.
“H” is a healthy, active and independent young woman. She enjoys exercising, arts & crafts, music, movies and social activities. “H” is caring and compassionate and brightens the lives of those she interacts with.
“L” is a 41 year old friendly, active person who enjoys being with others, watching TV, doing arts and crafts and eating out. She has good communication skills and is interested in new adventures.
Please contact Beth Von Staats, Director of Residential Services at 778-5040 (Ext. 421) by email at email@example.com
• Personal satisfaction
• Nursing and care manager support
• Monthly tax-free stipend
• 24-hour emergency support
• Respite and alternative placement
• Assist with personal care
• Provide behavioral alternatives as needed
• Maintain a clean, safe home
• Provide medication reminders and assistance
• Provide transportation to medical appointments and social activities
• Keep a caregiver log
Where to start
Please contact Beth Von Staats, Director of Residential Services at 778-5040 (Ext. 421) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Then, we’ll have you complete a caregiver application and have a personal, home interview.
Thank you so very much for your interest!
We look forward to speaking with you!